Positano is the most popular destination along the Amalfi Coast, tourists from all over the world flock to the town to explore its fresh sea food, charming shops and picturesque scenery.
Positano is a great place to sit and sip on an Aperol Spritz while watching the world go by; you never know what celebrities you might see. Every year when going back to the coast I put together a list of things to do and see, each time I return with new eyes excited to explore.
From bars to beach clubs there are photo opportunities round ever corner. Get dressed in a lemon print and match the ceramic art the region is famous for.
What to wear in Positano?
From beach club chic to evening meals anything goes in Positano. Here are my 3 favourite Positano inspired outfits that will get everyone staring. My top tip would be to wear flat sandals everywhere you go as there are many steps and cobbled streets around Positano.
If you are a Positano lover like me and like to dress for the occasion then I have the perfect jacket for you.
Where to eat and drink in Positano?
My top 4 places to eat...
1. Franco’s Bar - With queues going round the block make sure you get there early, watch the sun set from this roof top bar and enjoy a fresh produce cocktail.
2. Terrazza Cele- A beautiful restaurant with views of Positano looking out onto the sea. Watch the lights twinkle from the town while you enjoy a seafood or pasta dish.
3. Casa e Bottega - For a brunch or lunch this restaurant has everything from pancakes to Chia pudding.
4. Il Tridenta Positano- If you are looking for a romantic candle lit dinner this restaurant is perfect for you, with wine supplied by local sustainable vineyards, sit back and relax while you watch the Positano view.
Best beach clubs in Positano?
Now, you don't go to Positano for a beach holiday, you go for the scenic view, charm and character. If you want to do a beach day, the main beach on Positano can get over crowded with people who are unaware of the secret luxury beach clubs.
Here are two top beach clubs in and around Positano...
1. Famous for its scenery this beach club is located in the curves of the mountain, only assessable via boat which picks you up from the mainland in Positano. Arienzon Beach Club is famous for its orange umbrellas and photo opportunities, where many influencers travel to each year to be seen at this hot location.
2. La Scogliera is a beautiful rock side beach club with a luxury restaurant, you can sit all day soaking up the sun and enjoying traditional Italian food.